One of the most popular trends in plastic surgery today is to combine two or more procedures into a single surgery. Studies have shown this practice to be quite safe for most patients in good health, and it offers a number of benefits over having the procedures one at a time. Is combination surgery the right choice for you? Check out these facts to find out.
Benefits of Combination Surgery
Having multiple procedures in a single surgery offers a number of benefits, including:
- Patients only need a single dose of anaesthesia, reducing risks
- Performing procedures simultaneously allows the surgeon to produce a balanced, harmonious look
- Patients only need to arrange for a single recovery period after surgery
- The cost of combining procedures may be less due to reduced anaesthesia and facility use
- Patients enjoy dramatic results at one time, rather than waiting for more procedures
Choosing the Right Procedures
The key to successfully combining plastic surgery procedures is to select those that will complement one another. For example, women may choose to have a tummy tuck with breast surgery to enhance the overall body contour. A facelift may be combined with eyelid surgery to create an even more youthful look. Nose surgery (rhinoplasty) is frequently combined with chin augmentation to preserve balance and symmetry in the face.
An experienced plastic surgeon can help you determine which procedures may be combined to provide you with the results you are hoping for. The surgeon will also consider your overall health and specific aesthetic issues when recommending the most appropriate surgery for you.
Things to Consider
While combination procedures may be beneficial to many plastic surgery patients, they are not right for everyone. There are some considerations to weigh before choosing a combination surgery:
- Multiple procedures may require a longer time under general anaesthesia, which can increase risk
- Recovery from multiple procedures can be significantly longer than recovery from a single procedure
- Combination procedures may not be recommended for patients with underlying medical conditions or other health concerns
- More than one procedure may require an overnight stay in a hospital
With many factors to consider, it can be difficult to know whether a combination surgery is right for you without consulting an experienced plastic surgeon. At Linia, our surgeons perform a wide range of plastic surgery procedures and have the training and experience to help you determine the best procedure or procedures for your specific needs. To learn more about your options, contact Linia today at 0800-170-7171.